Essential OR Non-Essential

After finishing her routine work, my maid was playing Candy Crush game on her mobile phone. I asked her, what happened? She said, waiting for food to get cooked completely, so doing time pass by playing Candy Crush.
I saw her with surprise and said: Didi,I am thinking that oh God, this day has also gone though I have utilized it fully by reading a book and you are saying that you are doing time pass. Do you even have realization that we all have limited time and how can you just pass it. She smiled and told, Didi I am relaxing myself. I said, then it’s okay to relax but not okay to pass your time. And then I took my dinner on plate and had my final meal for the day.
Yesterday I attended one corporate training and today I finished reading a book. So after doing both these activities one of the most important thing which got rewind on my mind is that“MY TIME IS LIMITED”. Yes, an individual has got limited time on this planet earth and each day has got only 24 hours. So check out your activities and divide them into essential versus Non-essential activities to utilize your available time fully.
So the next question must be, what are Essential and Non-Essential Activities?
Essential Activities are those activities which includes your basic routine activities like Eating, sleeping, bathing, office hours etc. and those activities which adds value to your life like doing what your hobby is, for example: reading, writing painting listening songs etc.
Non-essential activities are those which are not adding any value to your life but you are doing just to pass the time like watching you tube for longer hours.
Most of us have issue of time management, because of giving time to non-essential activities. One can achieve most from his life, if he invests his time in essential activities. But mind you, essential activities must include those activities which comes under your area of interest and are unavoidable in nature.
Here is one method, which I learnt to analyse how we should actually use our time

Make a list of activity of a day in following format:
S. No
Task
Activities
Time Spent
Total Time Spent
Essential or Non-Essential
1
Telephone
With family members
With friends
Office Calls

20 minutes

30 minutes
40 minutes
 60 minutes
Essential Activities








 Grand Total

 24 Hours


By doing above, you can check how much time of the day is spent in which kind of activity and whether it’s essential or non- essential.
Remember: “YOUR TIME IS LIMITED.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog